Moscow International Automobile Salon' 2008 and the 4th International Automobile exhibition INTERAUTO
August 26 through September 7, 2008
Moscow, Crocus Expo IEC
The main event for numerous motor-car fans and automotive segment professionals - the Moscow Automobile Salon / MIAS-2008 will take place August 27 through September 7, 2008 in Moscow, at the Crocus Expo International Exhibition Centre. For the first time in the history of motor shows in Russia the Moscow Autosalon' 2008 will last a record number of days (13 days) 12 hours a day (from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.).
The status of the Moscow Autosalon has been acknowledged by the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles / OICA, the event is officially scheduled in the worldwide calendar of motor shows. For the first time in the history MIAS-2008 was granted “A”-category alongside with Geneva, Paris, London, Detroit and Frankfurt motor shows. And it is well reasoned, as automotive market of Russia is placed high on the list of targeted territories and ranked as one of the most dynamically developing automotive markets worldwide today. According to the results of the first half of 2008 Russia is on the second place in Europe in terms of new cars sale. According to the data published by the Association of Russian Carmakers more than 1 million foreign cars including 300 000 cars produced locally has been sold in the first half 2008. In general, according to the Association of Russian Carmakers' forecast, this year aggregated sale volumes in our country will exceed 3,3 million of cars including Russian brands 745 000 cars, locally produced foreign brands 620 000 cars and import will make 1,8 million cars. The data published by the Automobile Manufacturers Committee of the Association of European Businesses in Russia gives another aspect of statistics: the sale share of foreign brands in Russia grew by 47% or 338 238 motor cars in the first half of 2008. According to the official data published by the Automobile Manufacturers Committee, the five best sold foreign models for the first half of 2008 are Ford Focus, Chevrolet Lacetti, Renault Logan, Hyundai Accent and Mitsubishi Lancer X. It is remarkable that three out of five foreign brand sale leaders are produced in Russia.
The organizers of the Moscow International Automobile Salon are the Crocus Expo International Exhibition Centre and the Association of Russian Carmakers. The event is held under the patronage of the Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles / OICA. The Crocus Expo is also the exclusive exhibition operator. The show enlists active support and participation of the Automobile Manufacturers Committee (AMC) of the Association of European Businesses (AEB) in the Russian Federation. The event also enjoys the official support of the Government of the Russian Federation, the Ministry for Transport of the Russian Federation, the Ministry for Economic Development of the Russian Federation, the Ministry for Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, The Government of Moscow Region, the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs and other governmental, professional and public bodies.
The Moscow International Automobile Salon-2008 will be held on the fair grounds of the Crocus Expo IEC for the second time. Like two years before, MIAS-2008 will include the two main sections:
Moscow International Automobile Salon with world, European and Russian premiers of passenger cars, worldwide known motor car brands and novelties of national vehicle manufacturing industry. The exhibit space of the Autosalon will comprise 63 000 sq m in the third pavilion of Crocus Expo IEC. This part of the exhibition is going to last 13 days (August 26 through September 7, 2008).
4th International Automobile Exhibition INTERAUTO will feature the state-of-the-art components and latest technologies related to automotive components, accessories, car care products, chemicals, maintenance and repair equipment and tools and a big exposition of commercial transport. The exhibit space of the Interauto-2008 fair will comprise more than 50 000 sq m. The event will last 5 days (August 27 through 31, 2008). The exhibition Interauto will be accommodated in the second pavilion and outdoor Crocus Expo IEC area.
Outdoor exhibit area will feature the exposition of commercial transport and special purpose foreign and Russian vehicles. The outdoor exhibit area will comprise 8 000 sq m.
Thus, the overall exhibit space of the Moscow International Automobile Salon'2008 will be more than 120 000 sq m, which exceeds all motor shows held in Russia before. More than 1 000 companies from all regions of Russia and more than 30 countries worldwide will exhibit at the Autosalon this year. More than 60 motor car brands including the best sold models, concept cars, exclusive vehicles and premiers will be demonstrated by the key automakers operating worldwide.
The list of exhibitors of the Moscow International Automobile Salon will impress even the most sophisticated motor vehicle fans. The third pavilion of Crocus Expo IEC will host the exposition of passenger cars produced by the leading global car manufacturers: Alfa Romeo, Audi, BMW, Cadillac, Citroen, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Daewoo, Dodge, FIAT, Ford, Hummer, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, KIA, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Saab, Seat, Skoda, Ssang Yong, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo. The booths of the leading Russian carmakers (VAZ, GAZ, UAZ) and Chinese carmakers' booths (Chery, Geely, Great Wall, BYD, Brilliance) will be also represented here.
Due to the participation of nearly all major global automakers, it's natural that the Moscow International Automobile Salon should attract more than 1.5 million visitors this year.
Car debuts will be traditionally the highlight both for visitors and professionals. Moscow is awaiting for a large number of world, European and Russian premieres. The Moscow International Automobile Salon is inherent in certain element of intrigue and mystery but some of automakers lifted the veil of secrecy and announced novelties to be seen by numerous attendees of the motor show this year.
The Mazda Kazamai is due to be unveiled at the 2008 Moscow motor show for the first time in the world. Kazamai is a SUV concept designed using the same "nature inspired" styling cues designed specially for the Russian market. The Japanese name Kazamai translates to "swirling crosswinds" which Mazda uses to express the powerful yet nimble image of a stylish and compact crossover. The Mazda Kazamai features a bold five-point grille, flared front wheel-arches, a swooping coupe-roofline. Besides, the European debut of a prestige crossover Mazda CX-9, the biggest car in the model range will be also made at the Moscow Autosalon. The official sale of Mazda CX-9 in Russia is due in October 2008.
Mitsubishi will unveil at the Moscow Motor Show at the Crocus Expo IEC August 26, 2008 the new Pajero Sport SUV. Russia has been selected as the best platform for the world debut due to a privileged status of this country among others where Mitsubishi is represented because of unprecedented sale volumes. The new Pajero Sport will be available in Russia in 5-passengers seating configuration with 3,2 liters diesel engine. Mitsubishi intends to distribute 140 000 cars in 2008 in the Russian Federation versus 100 000 sold in the last year.
Renault will demonstrate the world debut of an elegant and efficient sedan Renault Symbol and the two Russian premieres: Koleos, the first 4x4 crossover from Renault, and a spacious hatchback Renault Sandero.
Skoda intends to unveil the official world debut - four wheels drive version of new generation of Skoda Superb V6 3.6. 5-doors sedan is the unique modification. Russian premieres from Skoda are two wheels drive modification of new generation Skoda Superb and Skoda Octavia RS with turbo-diesel engine and automatic gearbox DSG. The products of Kaluga Factory of Volkswagen Concern (Skoda brand is owned by Volkswagen Concern): Skoda Octavia , Skoda Octavia Tour and Skoda Fabia will be also represented at the motor show.
French carmaker Citroen will unveil their world debut - a restyled version of the successful Citroen C4. The rally car Citroen C4 WRC will also attract visitors to the booth. The Russian debut is the new Citroen Berlingo.
Ford will unveil 2 European premieres: concept car Ford Explorer America and the new Ford Escape. There will be also Russian debuts of Focus RS and the new Ford Fiesta.
The European debut of a new sedan version of SUBARU IMPREZA will take place at the Moscow International Automobile Salon'2008. The “peak” of the model is the renewed hot sport version WRX.
1) Porsche Russland AG is eager to demonstrate two Russian premieres: a powerful SUV Porsche Cayenne Turbo S with V8 engine of 4,8 liters and twin turbocharger units. The engine power of Cayenne Turbo S is phenomenal and makes up to 550 horsepower. The renewed version of the well-known 2-passangers seating rally car of 1960-s called Boxster RS60 Spyder will be also shown at Porsche booth during Moscow International Automobile Salon. It' s worth to know that production of Boxster RS60 Spyder is limited to 1960 cars.
2) Alfa Romeo will unveil in Russia Alfa Romeo 8C Spider and Alfa MiTo. Gig 8C Spider is a 500 units limited edition, the same as coupe 8С Competizione. But, in contrast to 8С Competizione, only one of which went to Russia, the quota for Russia of 8С Spider will be 8-10 cars. Alfa Milano-Torino, more frequently called MiTo, is a compact 3-door hatchback with the original Cuore Sportivo engine, capacity of which exceeds 155 horsepower. Alfa Romeo MiTo will be on sale in Russia as soon as Moscow Autosalon' 2008 is over.
3) One of the most visible Russian debuts of the Moscow International Automobile Salon-2008 from Land Rover will become concept LRX. Land Rover's acclaimed LRX concept cross-coupe made its European debut in Geneva and it demonstrates Land Rover's seriousness about continued relevance and sustainability - with new technologies, lightweight design and environmentally-responsible materials. The Moscow Autosalon visitors will also enjoy the anniversary version of legendary Defender SVX created specially to the 60th anniversary of Land Rover celebrated this year. Besides, Jaguar Land Rover will exhibit both brands' full models range.
4) Chrysler Rus Company will unveil its 2 Russian debuts: Dodge Journey and Jeep Cherokee. A new minivan Chrysler Grand Voyager is sure to attract special interest of the Moscow Autosalon guests. This traditionally family vehicle makes your car into a “mini office on wheels” and that way one has everything one needs. The visitors will also enjoy the new modification of a popular in Russia Dodge Caliber SRT4, magnificent cabriolet Chrysler Sebring Cabrio and other models of Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge brands.
5) Volvo will present vehicles of 4 segments: sedans (S-sedan), coupe (C-coupe), versality (V-versality) and crossovers (XC-Cross Country). In each segment Volvo will unveil a new in the Russian market model. A large variety of new cars and versions will be demonstrated at the Volvo booth in Moscow: the Russian debut of a new compact crossover Volvo XC60, sport version of Volvo XC90 R-design, design versions of Volvo XC70 and XC90 Ocean Race edition, business class sedan Volvo S80. Stylish and ecologically friendly a plug-in hybrid Volvo C30 Recharge Concept with electric wheel motors powered by batteries which can be recharged through regular power outlets is sure to impress the public. The batteries take roughly 3 hours to recharge and will last for about 100km. The wide range of novelties by Volvo exhibited at the Moscow Autosalon is well reasoned. According to David Thomas, the Chairman of the Automobile Manufacturers Committee of the Association of European Businesses in Russia, the President of Volvo Cars Russia, “the company's sales in the Russian market can take the second place in the world with sales volume of up to 60 000 cars a year”.
6) Volkswagen will present to Moscow visitors a new crossover Volkswagen Tiguan produced at the Kaluga Volkswagen plant (Russia), 4-door coupe Volkswagen Passat CC and Volkswagen CrossGolf. To cap it all, extreme driving fans will eye witness the sport bolide Scirocco GT24 which has won twice in the 24-hours race in Nuerburg (Germany).
7) Nissan will reveal for the first time in Russia a superpower car GT-R and concept electric vehicle Cube EV. The Russian premier of new Nissan Murano, Nissan Qashqai+2 and special editions of Qashqai and Micra will also take place at the Moscow International Automobile Salon.
8) The Russian debut of a new generation of Infiniti FX the bestseller of Infiniti models range will be held within the frames of the Moscow International Automobile Salon at Crocus Expo. The second generation of the model will be offered in two models, including a new 390-horsepower 5.0-liter 32-valve DOHC V8-equipped and advanced 307-horsepower 3.5-liter V6-equipped. Both versions are equipped with 7-speed gearbox. The full model range offered by official dealers in Russia will be also represented at Infiniti booth.
9) The company General Motors CIS will unveil its hit Russian debut from Opel - Opel Insignia at the upcoming Moscow International Automobile Salon. The model made its world debut at the Motor Show in London in July 2008. GM Luxe brands will be also presented by new models: Cadillac CTS-V; HAMMER H3 Alpha version which further adds to the off-roading capability of the H3 with a new V8 5,3-liter; concept car Saab 9-4X Biopower, a crossover to supplement Saab models range. Chevrolet will unveil 3 hot concept cars in mini class - Chevrolet Groove, Chevrolet Beat, Chevrolet Trax - and Chevrolet Lacetti WTCC, which successfully participated in the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) racing. The model will be presented by Alain Menu, the driver at the WTCC racing.
10) Honda will unveil within the frames of the Moscow Autosalon' 2008 the whole range of exclusive cars: a mid-size SUV Honda Pilot, a new version of premium class sedan Honda Legend, new sport business class sedan Honda Accord, unique concept car Honda CR-Z, Honda Civic Hybrid Earth Color and Honda Civic 5D Mugen. Other models of today's Honda range will be also presented, including recognizable Honda Civic sedan, Honda Civic hatchback, 3-door Honda Civic Type R sport hatchback. Hi-tech Robot Asimo will attract and encourage visitors to the Honda booth. The visitors of the previous Autosalon in Moscow are well familiar with the robot.
11) Concept car Peugeot 308 RC Z will debut in Russia at Peugeot booth. The model is powerful engine equipped; the engine became “the Engine of the Year” prize winner. Diesel racing bolide Peugeot 908 HDi FAP which participated in the Le Mans Serie Championship will be also demonstrated at Peugeot booth. Besides, all officially distributed in Russia models will be accommodated at the show. Peugeot 308 SW, Peugeot Partner Tepee and new Peugeot 407 will debut at the Moscow Autosalon this year.
12) Hyundai Motor will debut 4 new cars: sport premium class sedan Hyundai Genesis equipped with 3,8-liter V6 engine, full-size crossover Hyundai ix55, “A”-segment Hyundai i10 blue and a new mini bus Hyundai H-1.
13) Suzuki is going to show in Moscow models responding to the 5 steps of the global market strategy of Suzuki brand. One of the most marvelous Russian debuts by Suzuki is the new, third-generation Grand Vitara, which is a pure SUV (sport utility vehicle) born and bred to free the spirit and open paths where none existed before. Moreover, the sportive looking concept Kizashi3 and the serial European mini multipurpose vehicle Suzuki Splash will be represented at the booth. The Sport crossover Suzuki SX4 WRC Phase 4, which has made its debut in rally this year, meets the requirements of Suzuki's world strategy with the “sporty” theme. The new Suzuki Swift with 1,5 liters engine and automatic transmission, which is also about to be demonstrated in Moscow this year, is more eye-catching, more spacious, more refined, more user-friendly, and a whole lot more enjoyable to drive than anything else in the compact-car category of Suzuki brand.
14) Compact FIAT 500, FIAT Sedici and a new sedan FIAT Linea will make FIAT Russian debuts.
Prominent automakers such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Audi have also announced their premieres during the Moscow Autosalon-2008 but they prefer to keep the information about debuts and their status secret.
Integration and more and more dense cooperation between Russian and foreign car makers becomes a remarkable tendency of domestic automobile industry. In particular, joint Russian-French venture OAO Avtoframos, which partners are the French company Renault and the Moscow Government, continue the release of Renault Logan cars. According to the forecasts of the head of the Department of Science and Industrial Policy of Moscow Evgeny Panteleev, "in 2009 “Avtoframos” will more than double the manufactured volume of cars: from 80 000 up to 160 000 units a year”. Alongside with manufacture of Renault Logan the expanded factory production capacities will enable the production of a new model - Renault Sandero hatchback.
Russian automakers have also prepared their novelties to demonstrate. In particular, OAO AvtoVAZ will debut an independent booth of its sport car subdivision Lada Sport.
GAZ Group booth will debut with a new passenger car Volga Siber luxe and comfort versions, which release commenced a month ago in Nizhny Novgorod (Russia), and new versions of commercial passenger vehicle MAXUS, which is being produced at GAZ factory in Birmingham (Great Britain).
The second pavilion of Crocus Expo IEC will host a large scale exposition of automotive components, car care chemicals, oils and lubricants and companies dealing with tuning, aerography, car audio, and car maintenance and repair.
The Moscow International Automobile Salon-2008 has developed to incorporate more than just an exhibition. A topical and saturated business program for specialists and diverse entertainment events will run during the Autosalon. The territory of the exhibition complex Crocus Expo will offer special plots for test drives where visitors will be given an opportunity to drive Land Rover, Nissan vehicles. The trade and entertainment area will be allocated in the third pavilion of Crocus Expo IEC, where one can have a snack in a cozy atmosphere and purchase souvenirs during the show dates.
The business program of the exhibition is targeted at a wide range of professionals. More than 100 conferences, presentations and other business events will be held within the frames of the Moscow Autosalon' 2008. This year the Autosalon will run under the motto “Automobile and Child” due to the fact that 2008 has been declared The Year of Family in Russia and the Autosalon will include relative events to be held. The following professional events will run within the frames of the motor show: the 8th Congress of production engineers in motor car industry (August 27, 2008), the 1st Professional Conference of Russian AutoDealers (August 27, 2008), conference initiated and organized by Vedomosti newspaper Automobile Business (August 27, 2008), the Press Conference organized by German Association of the Automotive Industry/VDA (August 27, 2008), the 3rd International Automobile Forum (to be held August 28, 2008 at the Congress Centre of Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation), the round table Child Traffic Safety is Everybody's Concern (August 28, 2008), the 10th Conference Engines for Russian Motor vehicles (August 28, 2008), the International Conference Automotive Industry in Russia and Germany: Cooperation and Prospects (August 28, 2008), the conference Motor Transport Tracing, Control and Safety Modern Technologies GPS/GLONASS as an Effective Tool for an Enterprise Management (August 29, 2008), dealers conferences organized by leading manufacturing companies and many other significant events. It should be noted that the first professional conference RosAutoDealer initiated and organized by the Russian Automobile Dealers Association (ROAD) for the first time in 14 year in the history of the professional union will be held during the motor show. The conference launches an absolutely new and unique for Russia format of professional events aiming first of all at contribution to the Russian autodealers business development and efficiency increase. The data related to DSI - Dealer Satisfaction Index assessing will be announced for the first time in Russia within the frames of the conference and the winners will be awarded.
Press conferences of the leading car making companies will run according to a specially compiled schedule (August 26 and 27, 2008).
The Press conference dedicated to the opening of the Moscow International Automobile Salon / MIAS 2008 and the International exhibition INTERAUTO will be held August 27, 2008 at 01:00 p.m. in the third pavilion of Crocus Expo IEC. The Gala Opening Ceremony of the exhibition will take place after the Press conference at 02:00 p.m. in the third pavilion.
In accordance with the international standards, the regime of the Moscow International Automobile Salon -2008 will be scheduled as follows:
- August 26 and 27 - Press Days (only for Mass Media). The work will be organized in format of 15-25 minutes presentations and press conferences organized by leading worldwide automakers at their booths;
- August 28 - Business Day (only for specialists, wholesalers and suppliers);
- August 29 through September 7 - general admission public days.
Business invitation to the Moscow International Automobile Salon' 2008 for August 28, 2008 (Business Day) costs 2000 RUR. General Admission Ticket to the Autosalon'2008 is valid for one visit to the Autosalon within the period from August 29 through September 7 and costs:
- Monday - Friday - 300 RUR
- Saturday and Sunday - 400 RUR.
Children 7 and under are admitted free of charge. Children 7-12 years old - 150 RUR.
Visitors to the INTERAUTO exhibition (Pavilion №2 of Crocus Expo IEC) are admitted free of charge.
In 2006 attendance figures for the Moscow International Automobile Salon showed more than million of visitors and this year the organizers expect even greater success. Attendance figures for the show are estimated to achieve the figure of about 1.5 million people. A large quantity of international delegations from various international organizations are expected to visit the show: Organisation Internationale des Constructeurs d'Automobiles / OICA with the President of the organization, the German Association of the Automotive Industry/VDA with the President of the association, heads of leading car making companies and Russian representative offices of the leading brand manufacturers worldwide. Prominent political and public people of Russia are invited to the Gala Opening of the Moscow Autosalon. About 1 300 journalists including more than 300 foreign mass media representatives will provide press coverage of the event. Such a high-scaled branch event has not occurred yet in Russia. The peculiarity of the Moscow Autosalon unlike other motor show worldwide is the presence of the widest range of global automobile industry manufacturers: Russian, American, European, Japanese, Chinese and others.
Overall exhibit space
More than 120 000 sq m
About 1000 companies
Regions of the Russian Federation
More than 30
Expected number of visitors
Expected number of mass media representatives
Press Department, Crocus Expo IEC
KIA Motors invites to the Moscow International Auto Show of 2018 (MIAS-2018) that is to be held at Crocus-Expo Center from August 29 to September...
Groupe Renault releases the first teaser of an absolutely new crossover show-car – its worldwide premiere will be held at the 2018 Moscow International...
LIFAN MYWAY is available nowadays in the Russian market.